If chicken noodle soup is good for the soul, then Instant Pot chicken noodle soup is even better. It’s the definition of comfort food, and it makes a great meal any day of the year. Kids love it, adults love it, and you can include it as a side or make it a full meal.
While you’ll be hard-pressed to find a single person who doesn’t like chicken noodle soup, there’s an obvious problem: Making homemade soup takes time. And sometimes it take hours. You always have the option of stocking up on the canned stuff, but there’s something about soup from a can that is almost always disappointing. That’s where this recipe comes in:
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Without the Wait
Homemade chicken noodle soup is really the best way to go, and thanks to your Instant Pot, it doesn’t have to take you all day to make. We’ve been experimenting with Instant Pot recipes and are thrilled to share this super easy and delicious Instant Pot chicken noodle soup recipe.
The inspiration for this recipe comes from the culinary mastermind over at Jo Cooks. We altered the original recipe to meet our needs, and we’re happy to share it with all the other mamas out there who need a tasty (and quick) dinner idea.
You’ll start by chopping your onion and carrots, but that’s as much prep work as you need. The most glorious thing about cooking with an Instant Pot is that you can create complex dishes quickly and all in one pot. Plus, you don’t need to hang out in the kitchen for long periods of time, and there are no extra dishes to wash when you’re all finished.
If you’re new to Instant Pot cooking, this chicken noodle soup is a good recipe to try out. It’s not overly complicated, and your Instant Pot does most of the work for you.
Without further ado, here’s our quick and easy recipe that the whole family will love.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 can carrots or 2 large carrots (chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 cups water
- 2-3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- Set Instant Pot to “saute.”
- Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add in your onions and carrots and cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Mix in your seasonings, including salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and parsley.
- After mixing everything together, pour in your chicken broth and gently place the chicken breasts in the pot. Pour in the water.
- Close the lid and set your Instant Pot to the “soup” setting. Set the timer for 7 minutes.
- When the cycle is complete, use the natural release method. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Add your uncooked egg noodles to the pot.
- Mix everything together and set your Instant Pot to “saute.” Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- When the noodles are cooked, add your shredded chicken back to the pot. Don’t forget to turn off your Instant Pot before serving up this delicious meal!
Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out this article next!
The post Soothe Your Soul With This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe appeared first on Rare Norm.